Surge in heart attacks (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 05:41 (857 days ago) @ dan

Mark Rayner: PPSD (post pandemic stress disorder) is a very real problem on a massive scale. (It's) a trauma time-bomb.

As well as the condition itself with all its immediate problems, one of the biggest collateral issues is the affect it can have on heart health. It is widely recognised that reducing stress and mental health problems is crucial to the prevention and recovery of cardiovascular events such as heart attacks and strokes.

We are talking about as many as 300,000 new patients with heart issues.

Firstly, i'm not sure it's right to equate PPSD with PTSD. Enduring a lockdown is unpleasant, but not the same as enduring a rape, for example.

Tahir Hussain, senior vascular surgeon at Northwick Park Hospital: I’ve seen a big increase in thrombotic-related vascular conditions in my practice. Far younger patients are being admitted and requiring surgical and medical intervention than prior to the pandemic. I believe many of these cases are a direct result of the increased stress and anxiety levels caused from the effects of PPSD.

Not to say that lockdowns don't cause health problems, but it's telling that of the three medical professionals quoted in the article not one of them draws even a possible connection between the surge in thrombotic-related vascular conditions in far younger patients and the elephant in the room - vaccines.

As the old adage says: to solve a problem, first of all you need to admit there is a problem

On a related point that Dan touched on earlier, coronary heart disease was already Australia’s biggest cause of death, accounting for 17,731 deaths in 2019. It's interesting the world has been refashioned into a globalized bio-state to deal with Covid, but alcohol, fat, and sugar are left untouched. In fact at every ad break in the Ashes cricket coverage this summer, they're plugged relentlessly.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread