Vaccinating Children (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Friday, July 02, 2021, 08:38 (1023 days ago) @ dan

Michelle Ananda-Rajah, infectious diseases expert: I think (we need 80% vaccination) in order to achieve anything close to herd immunity, which is proving harder and harder because we’re dealing with these highly contagious variants. Generally speaking when you have more contagious variants you need to have much broader and much higher vaccine coverage.

It makes sense, right, in order to keep this thing out. I don’t know that we’re going to achieve herd immunity with this generation of vaccines but it is definitely something we could aim for with the next generation of vaccines as well.

Here we go. We're being groomed again for the failure of the current crop of vaccines but that's ok coz now we have the 'next generation of vaccines'!

Michelle Ananda-Rajah: The main thing, though, is that we need, we need massive uptake with the population. Virtually every adult that can be vaccinated should be. And we also need to vaccinate children. That is the key.

We have seen what has happened in other jurisdictions and you don’t vaccinate children. There are massive outbreaks in schools and that’s happened in Singapore, it’s happened in Israel and happened in the US. Hence these jurisdictions they are now vaccinating children.

This is what happens when myopic health experts are given the keys to the car. We're herded into this tail-chasing policy, without regard to long term consequences. Forcibly vaccinating kids - and it will be forced onto them coz they can't give proper consent - will cause thousands of severe side-effects/deaths amongst our youth.

This is where their 'risk-benefit equation' becomes murkier. You could maybe argue the benefit for society overall about forcing kids to get vaccinated - i don't think it's sound, but you could possibly argue it - but you can't argue that the benefit outweighs the risk for the actual kids. Virtually zero risk of severe illness from Covid but significant risk from receiving successive 'generations' of vaccines.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread