Pfizer Effectivity against Delta (General)

by dan, Friday, August 06, 2021, 17:31 (988 days ago) @ dulan drift

CNBC: Pfizer and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine is just 39% effective in Israel where the delta variant is the dominant strain'

However, the two-dose vaccine still works very well in preventing people from getting seriously sick, demonstrating 88% effectiveness against hospitalization and 91% effectiveness against severe illness, according to the Israeli data published Thursday.

Compared to what? I'm assuming tap water is 85% effective against preventing hospitalization.

It's an easy call for them to make considering that well over 90% of people infected, vaccinated or not, will not need hospitalization nor get seriously ill.

I assume they're basing this on a comparison to unvaccinated people. But even then, there's so much going on that they're conveniently not including into the calculation. For one thing, I think it's safe to say that vaccinated people are also more likely to wear masks, social distance, and basically do other common sense things to beat the virus, while unvaccinated people, particularly those who deny science, are more likely to engage in risky behaviour.

So they cherry pick their data.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread