Vaccine escape - Eddie Holmes (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 07:38 (982 days ago) @ dan

Furthermore, unnecessary vaccination will only give the virus more opportunity to mutate around, in response to, the vaccines, making the virus more deadly, requiring yet newer vaccines. It will be similar to the permanent state of war on terror.

That's another topic you will never see discussed in mainstream media. Interestingly, when virologists are chatting to each other on their podcasts, they let a lot of things slip that are off message - they seem to forget that anyone might be listening. Whilst researching Eddie Holmes (Prox Origin author) i came across this interview from Jan 5, 2021:

Edward Holmes: My guess is that as immunity rises in the population, hopefully by vaccination, you will start to see immune escape gradually. That will happen. That's an inevitable consequence of natural selection. It's been played out for millennia, and it's going to happen again. We will very likely need to update these vaccines at some point. That may take 2 years or 5 years or 1 year; I don't know.

To me, it's a racing certainty that immune selection pressure is going to push the virus in a certain way. You'll probably start to see more direct evolution than you have done in the past, because now it's harder for the virus to find a susceptible host because people are immune. Only the fittest strain is going to make it through, and that fitness is going to depend on a particular antigenic configuration.

Eric Topol (Scripps):
This is a central point you're making, in that the race toward population-level herd immunity, vaccine-induced, is countered by the virus evolving. We're not seeing the end of this virus just because you get 80% of the world vaccinated. This is an endemic story, would you say?

Holmes: I would put money on this being an endemic respiratory virus. Absolutely. Even if we rolled out the best vaccine coverage program ever, we're not going to vaccinate everybody. We can't do it simultaneously. The virus will evolve fast enough to keep itself going, and they'll re-enter the susceptible class. I think it's endemic. Absolutely.

Topol: Well, that's exciting, isn't it? It's interesting to speak to a leading evolutionary virologist because you get a different perspective about it.

Holmes: I can't predict what mutations will appear in what order or at what time, but I think I can make a pretty strong prediction that it is going to evolve and is going to escape immunity like everything always does. I think that's a pretty safe prediction.

Holmes: Some months ago, I did a little exercise with the Wellcome Trust, which was very interesting, on horizon scanning, playing out what the future might be like in 5-10 years' time. We've looked at vaccination, immunity, and antivirals. In our vaccine horizon scanning future predictions, a vaccine of this efficacy was our absolute best-case scenario. Our middle-case, most likely scenario was much worse.

You will still see media talking about the vaccines as being 90+% effective - but that's against the original Covid that no longer exists. Now we are in that 'middle-case' zone of around 60% or lower for several of the vaccines - it's hard to know exactly coz there are very few studies and the media won't report the ones that have been done. But it's safe to say we're now looking at the 'much worse' horizon scan.

The funny thing is, Holmes is an absolute darling of the media. Mega-platformed with his 'no-lab-leak' pro-CCP propaganda - now here is saying (a) Covid will definitely escape vaccines (b) the immune pressure applied by vaccines will contribute to the evolution of the virus.

Never thought i'd say this but i totally agree with Eddie's analysis. You can't vaccinate the entire planet simultaneously - therefore you're always chasing your tail.

My only question is: Shouldn't Eddie be getting mercilessly vilified in the media for saying that?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread