Retraction: Walach et al. The Safety of COVID-19 Vaccination (General)

by dan, Tuesday, July 06, 2021, 16:49 (997 days ago) @ dulan drift

I remember Brian (pre-Covid) would pull anyone up for using 'they' - he'd want to know who's 'they'? It was a fair enough point - he was trying to stop the discussion from becoming a generalized rant against a nameless 'they'. I'd also challenge 'conspiracy theorists' by asking how on earth do you get so many people - from opposite sides of the political divide - to keep a secret about whatever the conspiracy of the day was?

You remember anything from those days?

But it's a good point. We should refrain from using 'they', unless we're referring to a person who has chosen such as their preferred pronoun! (I have argued for years for using 'they' as a gender neutral 1st person pronoun because, well, we've been doing it for centuries in our speech. i.e.: If somebody asks me the time, of course I'd give it to them!)

Weinstein does define who they are. They are first and foremost the big pharma. Then the CDC, and lastly the social media giants. He uses a term 'capture', referring to how industry can control these entities and have them do their bidding. He also raises a question of how they managed to do it with regards to COVID vaccines, and his conclusion is money. There's no other explanation.

I guess I'll have another drink just for old times!

But if you look at it as a cultural phenomenon then it starts to make sense. If you control the culture, then that takes care of all those moving parts - they're all working in unison in a self-reinforcing way. Those that do speak out are marginalized and censored.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread