AZ - reducing time between 1st and 2nd shot (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, July 05, 2021, 07:40 (1026 days ago) @ dulan drift

ABC: A study published earlier this year in The Lancet found that a single dose of AstraZeneca is 76 per cent effective in the first 90 days.

Firstly, from the moment Lancet published Daszak's 'Lancet Statement' about the CCP being "open and transparent", their credibility in relation to Covid went down the toilet - forever. I'm not gonna bother reading it - i'll bet my farm though that it's not relevant to the Delta variant - which is what Covid is now.

Receiving a second dose 12 weeks or more after the first can kick this protection up to 82.4 per cent. But this efficacy dropped to around 55 per cent if the second jab was given less than six weeks after the first, the study found.

Then somehow, from there, the article goes onto argue:

As the highly contagious Delta variant takes hold in many parts of the world, including the UK, health authorities have decided to reduce the interval between AstraZeneca vaccines from 12 weeks to eight weeks for people aged 40 and above.

Kylie Quinn, a vaccine expert at RMIT, agreed that giving the AstraZeneca jab at eight weeks still provided "pretty decent levels of protection".

"It makes good sense to try and build people's immunity up to a decent level quicker, and perhaps accept a slightly lower level of antibody responses," Dr Quinn said.

What doesn't make sense is flooding the world with partially effective vaccines. For God's sake - think it through! We know partially effective vaccines will only succeed in driving the virus to mutate - now you're devising ways to make AZ less effective?

"It's [about] understanding those trade offs and understanding what's best for that particular population."

That's half right - understanding the trade-offs - especially when you're manufacturing the stuff - but has nothing to do with what's 'best for the population'.

The rest of the article goes onto plug 'mix n match'!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread