Twitter bans journalist (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, August 30, 2021, 05:33 (970 days ago) @ dulan drift

Here's the offending tweet:

Alex Berenson: Don’t think of it as a vaccine. Think of it – at best – as a therapeutic with a limited window of efficacy and terrible side effect profile that must be dosed IN ADVANCE OF ILLNESS.

Berenson used to work for NYT. He's also been a critic of lockdowns and censorship:

Information has never been more plentiful or easier to distribute. Yet we are sliding into a new age of censorship and suppression, encouraged by technology giants and traditional media companies. As someone who’s been falsely characterized as a coronavirus ‘denier,’ I have seen this crisis firsthand.

Would seem like reasonable views to espouse in an open society - which explains why they're not allowed in our current society.

Since June, Amazon has twice tried to suppress self-published booklets I have written about Covid-19 and the response to it. These booklets don’t contain conspiracy theories. Like the scientists who wrote the Great Barrington Declaration, I simply believe many measures to control the coronavirus have been damaging, counterproductive and unsupported by science.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread