Aus TGA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year-olds (General)

by dan, Wednesday, September 08, 2021, 15:19 (961 days ago) @ dulan drift

The whole vaccine culture war is very troubling. Everything about this story bothers me, the title, the actors, the implications... Fauci Says DeSantis Is 'Completely Incorrect' To Call Vaccine A Mere Personal Choice

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is "completely incorrect" to suggest vaccines are a personal choice with no broad implications, says Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country's top infectious disease authority.

As much as I think DeSantis is an entitled prick and self serving jackass, I agree that getting a vaccine is absolutely a personal choice. If a virus is not lethal enough to scare people into getting a vaccine, then they shouldn't be forced or coerced or financially blackmailed into getting it. Few people turned down the polio vaccine, if any.

If we have any freedom at all, it starts and ends with our bodies. Our bodies do not belong to the government or the community in which we live. Of course we have the right to refuse a needle be stuck in them, for any reason, including saving our own lives.

Fauci continues, "When you're dealing with an outbreak of an infectious disease, it isn't only about you," Fauci said. "There's a societal responsibility that we all have."

It isn't about you. Your body isn't about you. It's no coincidence that in the same week, we have the Supreme Court allowing a state to ban abortion and have the medical establishment effectively, albeit indirectly, calling for enforced vaccine. We have both the right and the left waging war on our personal freedoms.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread