Pfizer stroke risk - TGA (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 18:23 (891 days ago) @ dulan drift

News: A “fit and healthy” car mechanic who got vaccinated to keep his job says his life has been turned “upside down” since suffering a stroke two days after his second Pfizer shot.

Peter Lee, 36: I was given a date until the end of November – if you’re not vaccinated then you won’t be able to work. Now everyone’s saying, ‘We don’t know what’s causing it so we can’t really do anything for you.’

News: (A) large study from the UK in August did find an increased risk of stroke associated with Pfizer.

Health Dept spokeswoman: Stroke is not a recognised adverse event. The TGA is aware of the study referred to and is considering it as part of our ongoing safety monitoring of Covid vaccines.

This provides valuable data that helps us identify potential safety issues and, where appropriate, take regulatory action such as including new safety concerns in the product information. Large-scale vaccination means that some people will experience a new illness within a few days or weeks of vaccination.

These events are often coincidental, rather than being caused by the vaccine, therefore any attempts to link the two based on a temporal association alone is misleading.

Misleading? Give me a break. How about the large-scale study - was that coincidental or misleading? If you're refusing to accept its findings then you're not gonna accept anything, especially individuals reporting stroke that you can brush off.

Do you guys really know what you're doing? By lying, you're breaking every sacred oath of your profession - trashing its reputation. You really think that's the best play here?

Aside: I've noticed News (Murdoch) has shit their pants since they saw the size of the protests in Melbourne last weekend. A week ago they were happily printing shock-horror-anti-vax-hesitant stories - downplaying/misreporting the protests.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread