Fauci's power delusion (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, April 25, 2022, 06:29 (727 days ago) @ dan

Fauci: We are concerned about that, about courts getting involved in things that are unequivocally public health decisions. This is a CDC issue. It should not have been a court issue.

The point that I was making [was] that this is a public health decision, and I think it's a bad precedent when decisions about public health issues are made by people, be they judges or what have you, that don't have experience or expertise in public health

The fact that Fauci is arguing he is above the courts is an interesting insight into the minds of the One Health power-grabbers. They really believe they should have totalitarian-like control in the 'new normal'. He cannot see, or is unwilling to see that there are human rights issues involved with a whole bunch of Covid restrictions, be that lockdowns, vaccine mandates, masks, bio-data scraping, etc. Remember most opponents are not saying they are against masks or vaccines - only that they want the right to choose.

At least in the US the courts do provide some kind of checks and balances - in Australia there's nothing/no-one to challenge the dictums of THE science/health experts as they assume control of our lives. I've often been dubious about the US's role as world leader, but when it comes to someone/anyone making a stand on the evaporation of basic human freedoms, the world is looking to the US to challenge these power excesses before it's too late.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread