Fauci's power delusion (General)

by dan, Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 14:57 (724 days ago) @ dulan drift

Fauci: We are concerned about that, about courts getting involved in things that are unequivocally public health decisions. This is a CDC issue. It should not have been a court issue.

The point that I was making [was] that this is a public health decision, and I think it's a bad precedent when decisions about public health issues are made by people, be they judges or what have you, that don't have experience or expertise in public health

The fact that Fauci is arguing he is above the courts is an interesting insight into the minds of the One Health power-grabbers. They really believe they should have totalitarian-like control in the 'new normal'. He cannot see, or is unwilling to see that there are human rights issues involved with a whole bunch of Covid restrictions, be that lockdowns, vaccine mandates, masks, bio-data scraping, etc. Remember most opponents are not saying they are against masks or vaccines - only that they want the right to choose.

I could not put it better. And by his logic, people or the courts should have no hand in anything for which self-described experts feel they should have the final say. Let's see. That could include basically everything. Environment. Transportation. Communications. News. Sex. I mean, why should people be able to decide what is allowed in the bedroom when we have experts?

At least in the US the courts do provide some kind of checks and balances - in Australia there's nothing/no-one to challenge the dictums of THE science/health experts as they assume control of our lives. I've often been dubious about the US's role as world leader, but when it comes to someone/anyone making a stand on the evaporation of basic human freedoms, the world is looking to the US to challenge these power excesses before it's too late.

Yes, I agree. It's the one bright spot in a country that has a lot of bad, bad shit going on. On the one hand, I do not like the emphasis and glorification of individuality and personal independence. On the other, the flip side of that is personal freedom, which I feel very strongly about. To put it in stark, romantic terms, I'd rather die free at 50 than live as a subject of someone else to 100. Those fences the CCP are rolling out pretty much tell the whole story there.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread