AFL adopts Premiers' crackdown on dissent (General)

by dan, Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 19:09 (738 days ago) @ dulan drift

First they happily embraced the Fully-Vaxxed mandate radicalism set by Andrews. Including the cover-up of any athletes experiencing vax-injuries - as we mentioned last year's MVP is currently out with heart issues. A couple of rogue commentators asked questions - they were shut down.

Now they've launched a general crackdown on dissent.
Been accepted in the game for far too long - forever in fact - until now - until we got onto it. Maybe i'm reading too much into this, but the above arguments could've come straight out of Andrews's or McGowan's mouths with their CCP-inspired Covid-safe crackdowns on dissent.

It shows how this elitist controlling mentality spreads insidiously through the culture, at least. As leaders they cannot resist the power-grab window Covid opened up. Normalization of the New Normal. The Great Reining-in.

That's an interesting observation. I'm going to start watching for this sort of intolerance increasing in other domains.

Dissent has also been standard in American sports for my whole life, being very common during the civil rights movement of the 60's and 70's and never really fading until taking the knee became a thing. We see it often in medal ceremonies at the Olympics, but aren't they less tolerant of dissent now?

Education is far less tolerant of any dissent than it has ever been in my lifetime. Science, less tolerant. You may be on to something!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread