No-jab-no-job Protest (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, September 23, 2021, 10:01 (946 days ago) @ dulan drift

ABC: More than 2000 protesters shouting anti-vaccination messages have marched through Melbourne's CBD, as the construction industry reels from a snap two-week shutdown imposed overnight.

Patton, Police Commissioner: Any police force would have been challenged by the spontaneity and the sheer mass of numbers we saw from this group, and the tactics they employed throughout the day.

Crowds like this, they're for cowards. Cowards who seek to hide their identity and conduct other activities, to do other things that if they were by themselves they wouldn't have the courage to do.

One thing they're not is cowards. Going out to protest against the War on Freedom - knowing they face a high chance of being gassed, tasered, rubber-bulleted, maced, cyber-tracked, arrested, fined, jailed. That's outstandingly brave.

Patton: These crowd control equipment munitions were necessary and they are necessary, because we can't allow this kind of conduct to go on.

Commissioner Patton said 62 arrests had been made so far, with the majority of those arrested fined for breaching CHO (Chief Health Officer, Brett Sutton's)directions.

Premier Daniel Andrews:
There is no excuse for the terrible behaviour we have seen in our city over the last two days. Acts of violence and disruption won't result in one less case of COVID — in fact it only helps the virus to spread.

Channel 7 Reporter:
I’ve been grabbed around the neck today, I’ve had urine tipped on me, and now I’ve had a can of energy drink thrown on me.

I wonder why?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1440194156643557383
[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread