The Wheel Turns (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, November 22, 2021, 05:58 (880 days ago) @ dan

Here's a question. I've seen references here and there about antifa groups protesting in favor of stricter covid lockdowns and vaccine mandates.

So you have one group protesting against fascism and totalitarianism as it's unfolding with regards to covid, and the media inaccurately labels them far right. Then you have a group supposedly against fascism, even named as such, protesting for more facism!

Our world would make Orwell blush!

Good point. I dare say Orwell would struggle to find a publisher in today's world - too subversive - too conspiracy-theorist.

The term far-right wing gets bandied about a lot - i assume it's being used as a strawman. What does it even mean? What does far-left wing mean?

Ever since Deng Xiao-ping, the CCP has embraced capitalism - along with totalitarianism. Is it far right wing or far left wing? How do you tell the difference?

I'm hopeful what is happening is that people are abandoning the whole established political structure. We have to get away from that cheering-for-your-football-team mentality when it comes to politics. It's fine for sport - I'm far-North Melbourne Kangaroos - i know people who are extremists - but it's not a good model for society as a whole.

Instead, we look at the information - we decide what's true and what's not. Then act accordingly.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread