Dan Andrews Suffers Serious Fall (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Saturday, March 13, 2021, 08:18 (1140 days ago) @ dulan drift

I do want to finish this thread at some stage - with respect to Andrews' working relationship with the United Front Work Department - but got waylaid on other topics. In the meantime, some breaking news (no pun intended):

Dan Andrews: Early this morning, I was admitted to hospital after slipping and falling on wet and slippery stairs. A CT scan has revealed several broken ribs and vertebrae damage, and subsequent medical advice has recommended I remain in intensive care for the next few days.

ABC: Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has been transferred to The Alfred trauma centre as a precaution after slipping on wet stairs while on holiday on the Mornington Peninsula for the long weekend.

ABC: The fall happened as he was preparing for work in the morning.

Deputy Premier James Merlino: As you all know, he took a fall this morning as he was preparing for work.

Of course we don't wish any physical suffering on Dan Andrews - or anyone. Reports say his injuries are "painful" - they can only be relieved by strong drugs.

John Cunningham (orthopaedic surgeon): "Unlike a broken ankle, which you can put in plaster and rest it by using crutches — you can never really rest your spine or your ribs."

Dr Gillespie (president of the Australian Orthopaedic Association): "If you're doped to the gills on strong painkillers, that's something less than your sparkling best."

There's no full recovery from that unfortunately - i hope he recovers as well as possible. The point of researching public figures is just to shine a light - i'm not into the punishment thing. I'd like them to stop their behaviour - that's enough.

In that spirit, and given Andrews' record of spinning the facts, I'm curious about the typically opaque details of the incident:

- 'Early this morning i had a fall' - 'while preparing for work'

My question would be 'How early?' Like 2am drunk early?

Does 'preparing for work' include a few whiskeys while putting the finishing touches of pathos on your next 'We're all Victorians' speech?

If it was a football star who'd had 'a fall on slippery stairs early in the morning', the media would be all over it like a rash.

Dan Andrews: For now, we'd like to ask that our family's privacy is respected.

In Oct, Andrews tweeted a pic of his favourite tipple. It's named 'Starward':

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread