WHO rejects Taiwan participation at WHA - again (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 07:30 (1068 days ago) @ dan

Meanwhile, these international organizations that were meant to protect us from all this bullshit have sold out to the highest bidder.

This seems to be a very unstable situation. On top if it all, we have growing wealth inequality, decreasing natural resources (particularly water and food), and very fragile supply chain infrastructure. In short, we're in deep shit.

That's the crux of the situation - the very fundamentals of our societal organizations have come under question:

Are these bodies, all using public money, functioning on behalf of the public?

Or are they corruptly acting to protect/grow their own power bases?

The "evidence" suggests it's the latter.

The consequences of that are enormous coz it means society is in a situation where we can't trust our own experts. From there it's a short step from the whole fabric of society unraveling. Which explains the desperate attempts to cover this scary truth up. The trouble with that is, the more you cover it up, the worse it gets.

I remember my mum railing against the Olympic Committee - saying it was all a corrupt gravy train - that was 30-40 years ago. The same disease that afflicted the Olympic Committee has worked its way through all such international bodies - it was always inevitable that it would.

Human beings in privileged, powerful positions taking the very human response of protecting those positions - this becomes their number one priority.

As i said to my sister (a scientist) re WHO's performance at the start of Covid, 'If you're trying to undermine public faith in its own institutions, then you're going exactly the right way about it.'

The question then is:

Are you ready to take responsibility for your actions/lies, and then deal with the fallout from that?

Coz it's coming, 'ready-or-not'.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread