Tedros Sings China's Praises (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Friday, January 15, 2021, 07:41 (1198 days ago) @ dulan drift

Here are some quotes from our fearless leader of the experts from the free world - in praise of totalitarianism.

“What they (the CCP) are doing is a very, very strong measure and with full commitment. I was very encouraged and impressed by the president’s detailed knowledge of the outbreak and his personal involvement in the outbreak. This was, for me, a very rare leadership.” (Jan 22, 2020)

Note: Later the same day, in Geneva, the WHO decided against declaring a PHEIC, which meant no calls for restrictions on travel in and out of China, even as Beijing locked down the Chinese heartland.

“It is very difficult, given the facts, to say that China was hiding.” (Feb 6, in response to a question about Chinese whistleblower doctor Li Wenliang, who was detained by the CCP for "spreading fake information" then died of Covid)

"Its (China's) actions actually helped prevent the spread of coronavirus to other countries. I was very impressed and encouraged by the president’s detailed knowledge of the outbreak.” (Feb 8, 2020)
Note: At least he won't be able to say later that he didn't know.

Jan 30 Tedros Statement:
As I have said repeatedly since my return from Beijing, the Chinese government is to be congratulated for the extraordinary measures it has taken to contain the outbreak

We would have seen many more cases outside China by now – and probably deaths – if it were not for the government’s efforts, and the progress they have made to protect their own people and the people of the world.

The speed with which China detected the outbreak, isolated the virus, sequenced the genome and shared it with WHO and the world are very impressive, and beyond words. So is China’s commitment to transparency and to supporting other countries.
In many ways, China is actually setting a new standard for outbreak response. It’s not an exaggeration.

The vast majority of cases outside China have a travel history to Wuhan, or contact with someone with a travel history to Wuhan.

Let me be clear: this declaration is not a vote of no confidence in China. On the contrary, WHO continues to have confidence in China’s capacity to control the outbreak.

As you know, I was in China just a few days ago, where I met with President Xi Jinping. I left in absolutely no doubt about China’s commitment to transparency, and to protecting the world’s people.

(T)here is no reason for measures that unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade. WHO doesn’t recommend limiting trade and movement.

(T)he only way we will defeat this outbreak is for all countries to work together in a spirit of solidarity and cooperation. We are all in this together, and we can only stop it together.
This is the time for facts, not fear.
This is the time for science, not rumours.
This is the time for solidarity (with totalitarianism), not stigma.

Thank you.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread