Youtube removes doctors questioning lockdown (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 11:38 (1420 days ago) @ dulan drift

Here's something that's alarming: A video by two doctors questioning the need for 'shelter in place' regulations - in a similar vein to the questions we've been raising - was removed from Youtube:

"We quickly remove flagged content that violate our Community Guidelines, including content that explicitly disputes the efficacy of local healthy authority recommended guidance on social distancing that may lead others to act against that guidance."

Chief executive (of Youtube, a Google owned company), Susan Wojcicki added: “anything that would go against World Health Organization recommendations” would be seen as "problematic" and removed.

Even more alarming is that i now find myself reading Fox News just to get some alternative analysis of what's going on! I'm a Guardian and Washington Post subscriber but they are pushing a tightly controlled narrative that appears to be in lockstep with the lockdown approach. The media's job is to ask questions and report information - not to be telling us what to think because someone's decided that distorting or concealing the truth is for our own good. I'll decide what's for my own good - just give me the fucking facts.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread