The Data War (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, April 20, 2020, 11:12 (1466 days ago) @ dan

I'm just struck by the incongruity of it all. There's something here that just doesn't add up for me. The fatality rate seems to be increasingly low as we understand that the infection rate is higher than we first thought. Shutting the entire world down for this does not seem to make sense. Am I missing something? Yes, a lot of people get sick, but most of them don't, and among those who do, not that many die.

I just don't get it.

Yep - it's a matter of asking basic questions like the one above. 'Non-truth' answers whereby you can't speak the 'real' truth to the public because of blah blah reason - that can't cut it anymore. There's too much at stake.

Taiwan is a good example. Taiwan is a country - democratic progressive successful - but no one is game to say it. Most countries parrot China's assertion that Taiwan is a province of China. That's telling a whopper. You can argue there are reasons for lying - money - fear of China - but you can't argue that it's not a lie. From that false premise - a lot of global policy has been built.

Now we're getting fed a stream of whoppers about the virus such as you outlined which are being used to justify data tracking? To quote an old Angels song: No way - get fucked - fuck off!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread