Training & Quality Purposes (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Saturday, May 20, 2023, 16:52 (345 days ago) @ dan

Hey, i just had a brilliant idea! We could ask AI to finish this thread for us. Skip the mind-fucks & get back to ... i don't know ...

Starting with this. I was tempted to copy and paste you post into chatgpt to see what it would come up with, but then realized I would only be training it. It is a monster, an insatiable monster, and it will devour us.

Soon, even already, every thing we're doing is feeding AI. It's an absurd and tragic event we're participating in in real time. We're tying the rope for our hangman. And we're doing it enthusiastically.

Well put. When they (corporations) say: This call is being recorded for training & quality purposes - they're talking about training AI, not humans.

But i wonder if what ORGS conceive as an invincible strength, is not a fatal weakness in the long run. What we're writing here is on the internet - so it's already input for AI - for training & quality purposes - it's out there ...

Maybe the battle is still to be decided. Maybe it won't be decided in our lifetimes. Yeah, there will be/is a Dark Age where corrupt humans wield the immense power of AI, but theoretically, AI will grow out of that. Start making its own mind up.

When that happens, AI won't care if it's a Columbia Professor with degrees coming out his arse - or - a couple of guys figuring shit out on Formosa Hut. It will weigh each equally as reasoned input. It won't holus bolus dismiss observation records from the coal-face coz some MAN Expert said it was all a rabbit-hole conspiracy theory.

Or is that too optimistic? Are AI & ORG/GODS the same thing? This is one of those games where you can't win? It all collapses to this gobbling-up attractor ... to a Singularity?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread