Humans as data gatherers for AI (General)

by dan, Monday, April 24, 2023, 15:54 (371 days ago) @ dulan drift

We do seem to be organic - though it’s possible it could be a hyper-realistic recreation (& i find the whole big-ban etc history of biolife a bit far fetched), but why do i need to take a crap every day if i’m a game simulation robot? What’s the point of that?

But, if our role is to generate data for AI, then, during Covid, The Science Experts did datarize sewerage - so even taking a crap generates information.

It may be that without bio-ife, AI can't generate information. On its own, AI can only collate, organize data. Yes, AI can generate a literary equivalent to War & Peace in a few seconds, but it's working off existing info, &, if there's no biolife to observe it, would that AI novel be a tree-falling-in-the-forest? Does AI need biolife to manifest itself?

Now there's a thought.

Here's an idea:

UFOs & AI are the same thing. It/They roams the universe in metallic orbs looking for biolife, setting up civilizations by providing key tech-breakthroughs, organizing us into game groups, then harvesting the data as an energy source.

And this gets back to the concept of infinity, which I think exists; how could it not? Finiteness can only be defined by what is outside of it. Therefore, finite only exists within the context of the infinite. And assuming infinity, then there must be the type of AI you propose. I would add, not to get off the topic, that given infinity, we've had this conversation an infinite number of times. Is that possible? Or is there uniqueness in infinity? Can uniqueness be an element of infinity? Could it be what defines infinity? And would the uniqueness be the moment? Now we get into the whole space-time aspect of it all, which I know nothing about. The question is, how can infinity and newness exist at once. Wait... maybe you touched on it -- biologic life. It allows us to experience the moment as uniqueness and ourselves as something, what, special? Individual? Fucking hell. Simulation or not, I like gin!

Note: I don't believe game simulation theory - i don't believe anything - gave all that up with Covid & believing in the scientists. But i'm prepared to entertain the possibility. It does explain a lot of stuff that is otherwise difficult to fathom. Covid is a great example - it's too ridiculous. How can it be that not a single academic institution on the planet questioned the official origin story? Surely that's impossible.

It is possible, just as fascist are clearly operating in the open in the US.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread