Is any of this even real? (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 17:15 (765 days ago) @ dan

But our imperfect understanding of everything, which I agree is true, stems from our imperfect, actually really flawed IMO, understanding of ourselves. As mentioned above, when we try to understand something, we start from the standpoint of that thing being separate from us, which it isn't. How can it be? How could anything on this planet be anything but part of what I'm part of? So, really, all science is horribly flawed. The scientific method is based on observation, which is based on the observer, which assumes there is an observer. There isn't. There's an experience that we call "I'm observing."

Yeah, i've often wondered about myself and some of the decisions i make, the moods - whose fucking brain is this anyway?

So, basically, how could we possibly exist? I think we don't, not as we experience it anyway. Now, is this part of some simulation? Maybe, but what does that mean? It could simply mean a dream. Musk talked of 'base reality'. There is no base reality IMO, not an observable one for reasons given above.

Imperfection implies perfection the way imbalance implies balance - but as you said it may well be a concept only - a concept of an essence. But that might turn out to be what's generating the whole show.

Have previously thought artists offer a portal into this concept. Art - and philosophy - can go places science can't (due to data limitations).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread