Plato - Forms - ORGS (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 09:53 (370 days ago) @ dulan drift

The idea of GODS/Orgs ties into this somehow as well. Another of Plato's observations was the concept of Forms - everything has a perfect Form (similar to essence) - of which there are infinite imperfect copies. For example, i am an imperfect copy of the form, Man, in which i participate. If i make a chair, that is an imperfect, though unique version of the form, Chairs. Form is Spectrum. It raises the question: does Form/Spectrum exist as a thing itself - distinct from the stuff that makes it up?

Presumably The One, from Plato's unwritten doctrine, is the One Form to rule them all. He thought this oneness to be the good. Which is nice, the essence of existence is, goodness.

I'm not so sure. Could be. I hope so - like Dan's Love-Energy. It's part of the equation. But maybe the One Form is Organization? Whose perfect state is Singularity. Everything organized into One. (Or is there more than one One?)

As much as things tend towards chaos, they tend towards organization, which is contradictory, but in being so, provides an opposites energy Dyad to generate reality/data. We don't know if we're running away or chasing ... it's the quandary that fans existence?

We worked out on The GODS thread that Orgs cross the life-death barrier with ease, exert cultural power as entities reliant on biolife, whilst existing independently of their host vehicles.

An Org strives to make its environment more organized, to extend, entrench itself in thought/culture - competing with other Orgs for Thought-space. For data-gathering. Orgs will platform/protect/sacrifice/deify its soldier ants who work to achieve these goals.

Actually, everything DNA wants - is what Orgs want. It's the same thing in essence,i think. Desire to extend. To facilitate that.

If we do reach AI West World style game simulation capability, & seems we will, it will be through the agency of Organization that we got there - passed down through generations.

I don't know if Organization is good or bad, innately, it can be both in practice, but it exists, it wants to keep on existing, it wants to organize reality. It's the DNA of existence.

On Dan's point about the rise of fascism, this is Orgs gone made. It's a race to Global Totalitarianism. To Singularity. A tendency that Orgs possess.

I'm curious as to whether we can escape this fate. It does seem to be accelerating helter-skelter in that direction ...

Hey, i just had a brilliant idea! We could ask AI to finish this thread for us. Skip the mind-fucks & get back to ... whatever ...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread