Is any of this even real? (General)

by dan, Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 16:14 (773 days ago) @ dulan drift

Then i started thinking about other things: Covid - is that real? Or just something introduced into the game? It got me into conspiracy theories - but is it a case of you thinking the universe is conspiring against you - because it is?

Our world leaders: Trump, Xi Jinping, Putin, Biden, Bill Gates, Elon Musk (who actually claims to be not real being an adherent to the game-simulation theory) - they're more like cartoon figures.

Then there's a theory i've been thinking about for the last year: The law of Imperfection. Nothing's perfect, which means everything is imperfect. If it's imperfect then i have an imperfect understanding of everything - there's simply too much information for me to compute - plus the limitations of my intellectual ability - plus stuff that simply hasn't been revealed to me yet - the eternal Plato's cave - we are never getting the full picture.

I agree. First of all, the idea of perfection, IMO, is based on a concept. Perhaps the only areas where perfection might exist are math and geometry. Is there a perfect circle? Rather, is there a perfect circle in nature? Probably not.

But without delving to far into geometric shapes of the mind as opposed to how they appear in nature, what is perfection? If we're talking about a perfect instance of something, like a flower or dog (I know how much you love dogs), then of course not, because those are just concepts we have created. So perfection does not exist, I agree with that.

But our imperfect understanding of everything, which I agree is true, stems from our imperfect, actually really flawed IMO, understanding of ourselves. As mentioned above, when we try to understand something, we start from the standpoint of that thing being separate from us, which it isn't. How can it be? How could anything on this planet be anything but part of what I'm part of? So, really, all science is horribly flawed. The scientific method is based on observation, which is based on the observer, which assumes there is an observer. There isn't. There's an experience that we call "I'm observing."

So, basically, how could we possibly exist? I think we don't, not as we experience it anyway. Now, is this part of some simulation? Maybe, but what does that mean? It could simply mean a dream. Musk talked of 'base reality'. There is no base reality IMO, not an observable one for reasons given above.

This sounds simple but it's implication is profound. We are all flat-earthers to some extent - there will always be stuff that hasn't been revealed - or perhaps a built-in limiter within my brain that prevents it from being fully understood. This means i have a non-real understanding of existence - which means i'm living in an unreal state. As is everyone else. This shows that unreality is in fact the norm.

I agree 100% percent!

That part is easy to prove - i know something about quantum mechanics for example, but i don't fully understand it - never will. It exists in this twilight ether-zone of understanding as a vague concept.

I want to follow that up by asking: Does that logic apply to ... everything?

I think it applies to our day-to-day perception of ourselves and reality. Everything? Because I live in an unreal state, I don't know what everything is!

(I'll respond to part II soon.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread