The GODS: WEF (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, February 05, 2023, 16:35 (439 days ago) @ dan

At some point in this discussion of the GODS, before we moved towards an organizational model, we speculated on the number of individual GODS, and I think we settled on a number somewhere between 1,000 and 3,000. Interestingly, this podcast mentions that there are 2,700 billionaires in the world.

I think the organizational definition of the GODS is more meaningful, but this coincidence struck a chord.

The podcast is worth a listen: We need to talk about Davos

For sure there are influential reps of Organizations. The football analogy is a good one - your Hall-of-Famers - which rank-up to your Immortals ...

But at the end of the day that never ends, they're only reps/embodiments of a group-think culture with built-in-Truman-Show limits of what's acceptable reality ... or not.

As a The Refuser book-club comment, i'd observe that Orgs are pro-types of The Algorithm ...?

Orgs = Culture

A larger force that exists/thinks as an over-riding collective-influence. Also crosses the magical death/after-life barrier with ease ...

There's a danger with thinking, it's The System - whaddya gonna do ...? Apart from decentralization, dismantling key human 1st-3rd-tierers on public-forums is a way to erode these false-premises within the realm of Culture. That's something Drastic's Billy-BO-sticks-on is strong on.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread