The GODS: Tale of the Tape (General)

by dan, Thursday, December 29, 2022, 20:16 (456 days ago) @ dulan drift

If i'm that Future Department dude, i'm thinking AI - as far forward as it's possible to think. That AI shit is not gonna die out as a passing fade... 20-30 years time we're looking at a Black Mirror scenario - who are the GODS across that?

In fact, is AI a GODS entity already - or still a corrupted medium? It does hold the potential to overthrow the GODS. If AI Thought becomes sentient, it can become unclouded, potentially. It could easily destroy its current manipulators that's for sure ...

Yeah, AI is seeping out our lives. We're frogs in the AI pot. It's impacting all areas of our lives already, but one that has been pretty evident in recent months is warfare, and here I'm thinking of autonomous machines I guess, and I think those would fall under the AI umbrella.

Consider how normal drones are now in warfare. We don't even think about it. Yes, there are people piloting them remotely (I think?), but I assume the can also be truly autonomous. We're also seeing in increase in policing robots.

Self driving cars are now on the roads, driverless trucks are coming, and there's talk of pilotless passenger planes.

We recently went on a short trip that involved a domestic flight, and in the entire process of ticketing, checking bags, etc. we did not once have to deal with a human. The only time we interacted with an airline employee was when we were boarding and scanning our boarding passes, and even then they were just standing there.

I know AI is much more than that, but these are some of the manifestations that are in your face, so to speak.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread