Love-Energy (General)

by dan, Wednesday, March 08, 2023, 19:08 (414 days ago) @ dan

To play the devil's advocate, a biologist would probably say that's all bullshit. We're all driven by the survival instinct and all this love bullshit is just a chemical process in our brains that insures our survival. But I would disagree. I think there's more to it than that.

To elaborate, a biologist would argue that the single cells came first and this all evolved into what we are now, so any notion of love or a top-down driver for survival is backward, that it's all a result of some grand hormonal, chemical scheme devised by our biology to keep us reproducing and safe.

I argue that although part of that model may be true, there is some driving energy behind it all that is top down, or, better put, an emanation, from inside reaching out. Ultimately, it's a chicken or egg question, but I think there is an energy we tap into when we are in creative mode, and that energy reaches beyond our bodies, and my explanation for that is that our bodies do not define the entirety of what we are. Ultimately, dare I say, we don't exist as individuals. We're an illusion. This is why when people are in a state of flow, they cease to exist. It's because that illusion falls. It's not that they cease to exist, it's that they realize that they're part of everything else. It's the illusion that ceases.

To get back to the cave painting, the painter went from being one with their environment, being mostly unaware of self, to objectifying prey and hence self. The reality is, that painter never did exist as an independent being. It never could. Nor could we. Yet we perceive ourselves as being somebody that somehow landed on this earth and is somehow subjected to what it throws at us. But it fact we're a product of it that perceives.

Love, or flow, IMO, is that energy that is somehow connected to that primal, per-aware, what, leap? Spark? Movement? Shift? Vacillation? Frequency?

And, yes, that energy somehow finds its way into money so we can eat, and the downfall, the separation, the illusion, the fear, it drives what we call modern life. Damn.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread