Aus Govt installs CCP-spyware at own facilities (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:13 (437 days ago) @ dulan drift

This story, which is getting minimal coverage in the media, keeps getting more ridiculous.

News: Officials from the Department of Finance confirmed the security gear made by Hikvision and Dahua were installed in the offices of 88 parliamentarians.

Sixty-five of those MPs had the CCTV systems installed, while up to 88 parliamentarians had both security cameras and intercom systems installed.

Last week, it was revealed 1000 cameras and other recording devices were found to have been installed across 250 different Australian government building sites.

The audit found the gear was located in almost every department, including foreign affairs and attorney-general.

The old two possibilities:

1. Our state-security experts are total dumb-fucks - beyond belief stupid. You could literally grab any person off the street & ask if they think it's a good idea to install Chinese spyware in every government nook & cranny office throughout Australia, they would say 'no, don't do that'. Yet somehow our highly paid experts, whose job it is to protect Australia against spying, have gone & done exactly that.

2. Our state-security experts have been corrupted. I really can't fathom how anyone could be so stupid so i deduce it must be corruption. That means the CCP has infiltrated Australia's state-security org at the highest, decision-making levels. Not that surprising seeing how they've infiltrated every other sector from Academia to political parties to mega-corps to media.

Either way, it's all paid for by the poor old taxpayer.

Solution: Investigate/reform/(largely)defund secret security orgs. We don't need them. They're operating without accountability & acting directly against the interests of normal Australians (who pay their wages!)

Unfortunately, that won't happen under the current govt structure, due to the unaccountable nature of security orgs.

Which means the first step towards a solution is to breakdown the duopoly gravy train system of govt that functions to protect such stupidity/corruption. That is happening slowly - i hope it can go a lot faster.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread