Australia Election (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Saturday, April 23, 2022, 18:06 (706 days ago)

[image]

The leaders of Australia's two main parties are Anthony Albanese (ALP) and Scott Morrison (LNP)

Dumbo

On the first day of the campaign Albanese was asked what the unemployment rate was - he didn't know. He took a guess:

The unemployment rate now is ... ahr ... i think it's ...Uhmmm... 5 ... point ahrr .... 4? (it's 4%)

His damage-control was:

I made a mistake. I am human. But when I make a mistake, I’ll 'fess up to it and I will set about correcting that mistake. I won’t blame someone else, I’ll accept responsibility. That’s what leaders do.

'Fessed up? It's not a confession if people saw you doing it on live TV. What's the alternative? You gonna double-down, insist that the unemployment rate really is 5.4%? Blame it on disinformation?

I knew the guy was a drip - in a long line of party hack drips that the ALP machine drips out - but was surprised he was so stupid as to not know the unemployment rate on the opening day of an election campaign. How is that even possible?

Mainly it's sad. I supported the ALP in a past life - my first legal vote was for Bob Hawke. He was great. I thought it would be more like that - didn't realize that he would be Australia's last great leader.

Scott Morrison

aka Scotty from Sales, ScoMo

Here's what his deputy Prime Minister had to say about him in a leaked text:

Barnaby Joyce: I and Scott, he is Scott until I have to recognise his office, don’t get along. He is a hypocrite and a liar from my observations and that is over a long time. I have never trusted him and I dislike how he earnestly rearranges the truth to a lie.

That's a character assessment from ScoMo's Deputy - over a long period of time. Imagine what his enemies think ...

There are questions as to how it was leaked - it was a private text. Somehow that never became an issue - internet privacy. Leaking is a game-playing activity - a dark, but well-known art in politics. These people see themselves in the role of PR manipulators - it's what they do. None of this is real. It's a manipulated concept presentation ceremony.

These are the two choices in Australia. It's no choice at all.

Other things important to me as a citizen that have gotten zero air-time from Dumbo or ScoMo:

1. Investigation into WTF happened/is happening with Covid. It changed the world - why is there zero interest from either of the main parties as to why it happened? Several Aussies are key players - Holmes, Lin-fa Wang, Dominic Dwyer to name 3 of the biggest.

2. The War on Freedom. There are serious ethical questions relating to the coup on generally accepted human Freedoms. Saying it's Due to Covid without any interest in solving Covid was due to is not good enough.

3. Free Julian Assange, a rare Australian hero, persecuted for revealing the truth about Iraq War Ain't nobody mentioned his name.

4. Funny Monetary Policy. How did a fringe theory become mainstream economic policy overnight? Where's that heading? Shouldn't we discuss it?

Covid is the biggest story of the millennium, with it's humanity shaping consequences. Looks a lot like it was the experts fucked up - then lied to cover it up. Weirdly, it's not an election issue. It's part of the cover-up. It's understandable - politicians consider themselves experts/influencers - they don't want to undermine that faith upon which the whole system is based. So they happily lie to protect it.

I get it, but it's frightening for normal people.

-

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread