Omicron makes vaccines obselete (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 12:22 (979 days ago) @ dulan drift

Luc Montagnier (Nobel prize winner)/Jed Rubenfeld: It would be irrational, legally indefensible and contrary to the public interest for government to mandate vaccines absent any evidence that the vaccines are effective in stopping the spread of the pathogen they target. Yet that’s exactly what’s happening here.

If mandatory vaccination is considered necessary to interrupt transmission chains and prevent harm to others, there should be sufficient evidence that the vaccine is efficacious in preventing serious infection and/or transmission. There is as yet no such evidence. The little data we have suggests the opposite.

One preprint study found that after 30 days the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines no longer had any statistically significant positive effect against Omicron infection, and after 90 days, their effect went negative – i.e. vaccinated people were more susceptible to Omicron infection.

Confirming this negative efficacy finding, data from Denmark and the Canadian province of Ontario indicate that vaccinated people have higher rates of Omicron infection than unvaccinated people.

That's interesting - i suspected vaccines weren't much use against Omicron - i didn't realize they were worse than useless.

I wonder why that is. Do vaccines 'wear-out' the immune system? It may be that some of the unvaxxed in the study had acquired natural immunity - i'm struggling to think of any other explanation.

Again, this highlights the human perversion in bullying the unvaxxed. The Djokovic case brings it into stark relief. The guy has natural immunity, meaning he is better protected against Covid (and less likely to spread it) than all of the 95+% of Australians who are double-vaxxed and supposedly protected (who are currently spreading Covid at the rate of close to 100 000 cases per day amongst themselves!) - but he gets arrested at the airport and incarcerated in one of Australia's notorious illegal immigrant detention centres.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread