Climate Change - Recipe for Corruption (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, October 12, 2023, 18:31 (198 days ago) @ dan

Wow! That's a post for THE Ages. So much gravitas, it's mentally trying to even reply, hence the delay.

I would add to your list. So far, you've identified:

- money
- non-accountability/secrecy

I would add:

Perceived necessity for the ORG, a perception that the ORG usually creates, but sometimes the ORG creates an actual need for this necessity. An example of this would be cars in the US. It's literally impossible to live even in most cities in the US without a car. There was a time when trains were ubiquitous in the US. Another example of this is GMO crops.

Spot on. It's amassing enough power to: create markets - then exercising that power & so on ...
I wonder about Internet Security ORGS, such as McAfee, in that light.

We have the 'war on terror' which is permanent, and which has morphed into the war on pathogens and viruses.

That was prescient. THE War on Terror just got a booster shot.

And there's something very profound happening right now that is setting the stage for the next big push into whatever privacy, freedom, and self determination we have left, and that is AI.

What's happening with AI right now dwarfs, well, everything.

There's the twixt bit - Existential Threat is an overused buzzword - but here we've got the ultimate one! Not too many people care ...
It's almost like we're programmed to accept it - submit? Entered a zone where a cultural hippocampus takes over. It's all in the terms & conditions. Meanwhile keep the Plato's Cave entertainment projection rolling on the back wall ...

Let's take it on a simple level. Copyright. AI has done away with copyright, completely, already. This Hollywood writer's strike that was recently resolved? That's a last gasp effort to hold back what's coming.

And why? How? I've never been a fan of copyright, in fact I'm against it. But if I were to do what these AI corporations are doing, I'd be sued into poverty. But they are being celebrated.

Illustrates that laws are: Of The Elites, by The Elites, for The People. To control em. They don't actually apply to our governors.

This is going places that are very, very bad. That's not to say the tech is bad. It's agnostic and can do a great deal of good. But in the hands of ORGS, AI is their wet dream.

Here's an example. I plugged the following into chatgpt just now. Click on the links for results.

PROMPT: Write a summary in no more than 300 words of statistics surrounding the Morokot typhoon in Taiwan.

PROMPT: Write a summary in no more than 300 words of statistics surrounding the Morokot typhoon in Taiwan and provide references for your statistics.

The prompts are identical save for the second one asking for references. My point is that the first one is publishing this information without references. It's classic plagiarism. But the excuse is going to be, as it has always been, "It's the computer's fault," or, more likely, "It's the fault of the person who wrote the prompt." But what that misses is that the AI machine gathered this information for publication without the permission of the authors.

That's it. Humans are undergoing de-influencing from ORGS/AI. It's being stolen from us. It's happening crazy fast. But paradoxically, in a gradual swamping way ... where by the time you realize it's happening, it's too late.

This is an overly simplified example of how AI is going to essentially rape people of their hard work

That's coz it is simple. It's virtual writing-on-the-wall. It's permeating everywhere you look. The tricky bit is: getting enough people to care so as to stop it.

Well, that's not even possible, but shaping/regulating it's mega-emergence ... as the last of the humans? What's your recipe for that?

(Note: Game simulation does explain this situation pretty well)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread