Climate Change - a reassessment (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, September 24, 2023, 09:29 (216 days ago) @ dan

One thing I'll add to this whole discussion is that the climate change, what, movement? It is creating entire new industries, money making industries, and one of the most elitist with the highest potential for profit is that of carbon credits. It's an enormous industry, and yet, it's rarely talked about. It's bizarre, really. The whole model shouts corruption and manipulation, with money being funneled straight to the power centers. And, let's note that it's essentially doubling (by method, not $, maybe more by $) the payments on energy -- pay when you get it and pay when you use it.

There are carbon credits and carbon offsets. Carbon offsets, if I understand it correctly, are 'credits' one can earn by capturing carbon, but of course this will be only implemented by huge corporations. Those offsets can then be sold to the poor fuckers who can't afford the newest, energy efficient factories, or to the rich fuckers who don't care about any of it anyway. It's a scheme, a scam.

That's interesting. I didn't understand how that works. As we've discussed before, once powerful industries (ORGS) form, they soon take on a life of their own - with the primary drive being to enrich/entrench themselves.

There's been a lot of wealth redistribution recently & this is another example. In Aus it's over $8 per gallon for petrol now, while electricity has gone up about 40% in the last couple of years alone. Tax is calculated as a percentage of this, so of course it has also gone through the roof.

There are shared concepts between the above comments, the article and this interview about the history of money. His point is that energy is a good thing, it's what has allowed us to progress as a species, and to now say it's a bad thing is absurd, particularly if we ask 3rd world countries to cut down on its use, thereby remaining poor and under-developed, and hence easy to maintain control over.

I think this is all part of the same plays to control. Control energy. Control money (which they are sort of losing control over due to physics and math). Control people.

Yep, control/influence. The more centralized it becomes, the less of it the poor old individual has. There's a direct relationship.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread