Where's the money going? (General)

by dan, Sunday, June 26, 2022, 19:41 (671 days ago) @ dulan drift

I'm making more money now than I ever have in my life, but with inflation as it is I realize it's hardly worth it to work. If I work another year, which I plan to, I'm just earning enough money to pay for a year where I plan to live, given inflation. What's the point? Why work?

Think about it. In the 1970's, what do you think middle class people felt they needed to retire comfortably? I'm talking about their total wealth. I'm guessing 30-50K. In the 80's that went to 50-80. In the 90's, middle class folk probably felt insecure without a cool 100-150K in the bank, right?

Now it's fucking 1.5-2 million, and by 2030 it will be 5 million. My money is a joke.

Our currency is losing value. The USD is not crashing yet because it's the reserve, but others are. Sri Lanka, Turkey, Venezuela, the currency markets are in turmoil due to none of them having any real value. The US keeps printing, as do all the others, which is just now resulting in inflation, but they have no choice but to keep printing. We're in a death spiral of fiat.

They have no choice to keep printing because the system is broken. The next couple of years are going to be really ugly.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread