Printing money - stock market surge (General)

by dan, Sunday, January 10, 2021, 06:54 (1202 days ago) @ dulan drift

If your goal is social upheaval, then that would be the best way to go about it. If a riot explodes, it's not a big step to join in if you're living on the street. We saw that already last year.

And I think that's largely the reason why (more) free money will soon be falling from the sky. It's easier than actually dealing with the fundamentals that are the source of all the economic problems. I think those fundamentals are far more complex than politicians or social activists often portray. They're usually dumbed down to soundbites like redistribution of wealth or trickle down economics or income disparity, but it goes far deeper than any of those I'm afraid.

On some level, the gorilla in the china shop breaking everything is our culture, economy, even identity (in the US anyway) all being based on consumerism. Nobody addresses that, regardless of where they stand on the political spectrum. In the US, there are no democrats or republicans saying, "You know, maybe we should just all buy less shit." Of course, this is oversimplifying as well, but our economy is entirely based on consumption.

Looked at another way, maybe we need to actually evolve in some way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread