Bad News causes Stock Market Record (General)

by dan, Friday, February 12, 2021, 17:59 (1141 days ago) @ dulan drift

Yep, that's how it works. Market views are show shortsighted that that's how it works. Although they know in the long run it might hurt the market, in the short term it will keep it afloat, so prices rise. Most of my holdings are at or near all time highs. How is that possible? The world economy is a mess and asset values are at all time highs? So there's massive money printing going on.

At some point the shit is going to hit the fan and this is going to blow back on us in the form of inflation. That is a mathematical inevitability. It's already happening in the form of inflated real estate and stock prices. I mean, c'mon, no mediocre house in a mediocre neighborhood is worth half a million dollars. That's crazy, but that's what's going on.

Here's a very mediocre house in a very mediocre neighborhood that serves as an example. I know this because I grew up a few blocks from this house: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/410-Riley-Ave-Worthington-OH-43085/34020615_zpid/. $434,900

Now, note, this isn't a suburb in New York or Chicago, it's in Columbus, Ohio. To be fare, Columbus is a cool town and under appreciated. It has a lot going for it. But for that price, one could buy, what.... shit... I guess prices are going up everywhere.

So inflation is already happening even though the "official inflation rates" don't reflect that. With this ridiculous amount of money printing, the above house will soon hit 600K and my stock/crypto portfolio will add yet another 30%.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread