South meets north - Mei yu pt 2 (Weather)

by dan, Monday, May 28, 2012, 18:14 (4345 days ago) @ dulan drift

It looks like an interesting week ahead. There's a lot of moisture out there, and with the low you mentioned mixed into the equation, things could get interesting.

One must give credit where credit is due, and I do my share of complaining about the CWB, but this time they did correctly predict heavy rain for Taitung. This cell sitting over us right now looks like it will keep us in rain for much of the night. I'm not convinced we'll get 'extremely heavy rain', but it's possible. What is 'extremely heavy rain' anyway? Is it anything over 50mm? If so, we'll probably reach that. I doubt we make 100 though. Maybe 80 by the time this thing passes.

That low building east of the Philippines looks ominous. With this mei yu, semi-stationary front over us, I can't see it coming this way, but I'd say it will definitely affect us if it develops. It looks like it would most likely take a straight western path. But it could feed into this front. The only other thing it might do if it develops is take a NNE path, but I think it's already too far west for that.

We're living in interesting weather times.

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread