China Ramps up Aggression to test Biden resolve (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, January 25, 2021, 06:42 (1185 days ago) @ dulan drift

"Taiwan's defence ministry said eight Chinese bomber planes capable of carrying nuclear weapons, four fighter jets and one anti-submarine aircraft entered its south-western air defence identification zone on Saturday.

Sunday's operation involved 12 fighters, two anti-submarine aircraft and a reconnaissance plane, the ministry said. In both occasions, Taiwan's air force warned away the aircraft and deployed missiles to monitor them."

Didn't take long for China to test the waters under the Biden admin. The response from spokesman Ned Price seems tepid to me:

"We urge Beijing to cease its military, diplomatic, and economic pressure against Taiwan and instead engage in meaningful dialogue with Taiwan's democratically elected representatives."

Forget about urging 'meaningful dialogue' - not gonna happen. How much meaningful dialogue has gone on about the HK protesters being rounded up and jailed? Or the Uyghurs? My greatest fear is that China will invade Taiwan then all we will hear is half-hearted condemnations and calls for 'meaningful dialogue and a peaceful resolution' coming from the US and the UN.

We did predict it would start over the Pratas Islands - not that you would need to be Nostradamus to know that. The above development is worth watching closely - that's the sort of thing that could erupt in a very short timeframe.

I wonder how the investigation into Covid origins would progress during a war over Taiwan?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread