French Senators, Aus ex-PM meet Tsai in Taiwan (General)

by dan, Saturday, October 09, 2021, 15:56 (930 days ago) @ dulan drift

Sounds simple - pity a few more politicians didn't have the moral courage to do it. But it's a good sign.

It is indeed, and it is yet another crack in the veneer of the status quo that has been so carefully maintained by the US and begrudgingly accepted by the CCP.

I don't know about Joe - the ambiguity stuff - we're past that now surely. Why is it so hard to speak simple truths? Taiwan is a country.

I never had any hope that Biden would somehow take any bold steps in any way on anything. Why can't the US elect a genuine, intelligent, brave leader? Trump was genuine, but cowardly and stupid. Biden is intelligent, but certainly not genuine nor brave.

Good on Reuters for reporting it.

I listen to a five minute English podcast of news headlines on NHK every morning, and more often than not Taiwan is in the news, and this is relatively new. It's a hot topic here now, at least on the NHK English channel. Of all the things in the world they could report on in that five minutes, Taiwan is probably the most frequently reported international story. Very interesting.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread