Extremely unlikely the virus escaped from a lab (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 09:28 (1003 days ago) @ dulan drift

Dwyer: As I write, I am in hotel quarantine in Sydney, after returning from Wuhan, China. There, I was the Australian representative on the international World Health Organization’s (WHO) investigation into the origins of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

Great - so what did you find out?

Dwyer: Extremely unlikely the virus escaped from a lab

The most politically sensitive option we looked at was the virus escaping from a laboratory. We concluded this was extremely unlikely.

That’s extremely extreme Dominic. Are you an extremist?

Dwyer: We visited the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which is an impressive research facility, and looks to be run well, with due regard to staff health.

That’s true - US intelligence reports say three researchers were well cared for in hospital after becoming sick with Covid-like symptoms in Nov 2019.

Dwyer: We spoke to the scientists there. We heard that scientists’ blood samples, which are routinely taken and stored, were tested for signs they had been infected.

You heard? What - CCP whispers style?

Dwyer: No evidence of antibodies to the coronavirus was found (so we heard). We looked at their biosecurity audits. No evidence.

The old ‘no evidence’ line. That’s like knocking on the door of your chief suspect in a murder investigation and when he says “fuck off”, you say he must be innocent, coz there’s “no evidence”!

When asked if the CCP might have been withholding evidence, Dwyer has this neat answer:
Dwyer: (timestamp 2:25) (T)hey were pretty open with what they gave. But of course as to whether they hid things - by definition we wouldn’t know.

Dominic, there’s a stack of stuff they refused to handover - access to the lab’s data-bank of studied viruses for one thing! As were sewerage and blood samples from around the time of the first outbreak. These are not unknown unknowns - they just said ‘No - report what we tell you to report.’ Which you did.

Dwyer: I think one of the features of these WHO missions is the people come in without their national viewpoints, biases or the politics. That’s one of the advantages of WHO.

Huge advantage if you’re the CCP. Coz the CCP is not coming in without biases or politics: Why bother with messy democracy when you can have one united national viewpoint?!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread