QF1871 (General)

by dan, Wednesday, September 18, 2024, 17:04 (30 days ago) @ dulan drift

According to FlightAware, it appears this was an Embraer aircraft.

But the event is timely because indeed a Boeing plane did suffer yet another serious loss of pressure.
Delta flight makes emergency landing after pressure issue makes passengers' noses, ears bleed

Oddly, this doesn't seem to be making big headlines even though people were left with ears bleeding. In other words, they lost pressure so quickly that brains almost exploded.

The Boeing 737-900 was carrying 140 passengers when it returned to Salt Lake City and landed at 8:30 a.m. local time on Sunday.

"Our ears just started hurting really, really bad. Everybody around us was grabbing their ears. People's ears started bleeding. People's noses started bleeding," Jaci Purser told CNN.

"I heard some air come out and then it started bubbling. It sounded like my ear was bubbling, my right ear. I touched my ear and there was blood coming out," Purser added.

From CNN:

“I looked over at my husband, and he had both of his hands over his ears, you know, kind of leaning forward,” Allen said. “I looked about a row behind me, over on the other side of the aisle, and there was a gentleman that clearly had a very bad bloody nose, and people were trying to help him.”

No serious injuries? Define serious. I would think it's a fine line between bleeding ears, bleeding noses, and bleeding brains.

And yet this is a non-story. They probably got some extra peanuts before landing. Peanuts that, because they wouldn't have had an appetite. they could stick in their cranial orifices to stem the bleeding.

EDIT: The Boeing Diary has been updated.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread