2024 - The year ahead (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, December 28, 2023, 05:55 (121 days ago) @ dan

DD: Typhoons: Watch out for a big one this year (or next) in Taitung - it's 7 years since Nepartak (2016) - which was 9 years after Sepat (2007) - which was 7 years after Bilis (2000) ...

World economy. If it's going to crash n burn

Dan: I think things will certainly get worse in 23 than they were in 22, but it could go on for years. The US is trapped by its own deficit. It has no choice but to keep printing money in order to finance its debt, and so it will. The question I have is, when is the US dollar going to collapse? Or can it? When will that house of cards fall? It's a bizarre situation. The US will print even more in an effort to buy its way out of the coming recession, but that will only fuel inflation and sink the US deeper into debt. I don't see any rosy ending here.

DD: War in Taiwan: Reasonable chance it could be this year - perhaps triggered by above economic turmoil

Well, I got the typhoon right!

The economy didn't 'crash n burn', but Dan has probably nailed that by saying it's being artificially propped up with money printing.

As for 'The War in Taiwan', it didn't happen either - well not the shooting war anyway. You could argue that the asymmetric stuff (economic, cyber, chemical (fentanyl), UFWD infiltration) has ramped up, along with proxy wars.

As for 2024?

1. Massive cyber-attack (Whitney Webb might be onto something there). I'm interested to see how far you can push cyber-war without it triggering normal war. It's going on already at pace, but presumably there's a point (extended nation-wide outage) where it demands a military response. The question is will that cyber-attack be from China, Russia, or Iran? Or all three? Using the WW model, it would be likely blamed on Iran, as US can bomb the shit out of it whilst also using the attack as an excuse to clamp down on internet control. If it's from China, the west can still clamp down - but would they respond militarily?

2. Big typhoon for northern Taiwan - it's been a while, so law of averages ... Also been a while without an earthquake on the Jia-yi (921) fault line, though i doubt it will be both in the same year.

3. Economic crash. Doubling up on this one, though would defer to Dan on how long the US can keep propping the whole circus up with money printing.

4. UFO full-disclosure. Which could be just some other (possibly biologically extinct) civilization's AI connecting with our AI.

Anything else Dan?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread