Mid-terms (General)

by dan, Thursday, November 10, 2022, 18:04 (505 days ago) @ dulan drift

Not much of a choice. Looking at it purely from the C-word angle - a Republican majority may help force through investigations into the origin of the most impactful event on humanity in my lifetime - but then the Christian-right said yeah, let's spend that political capital on banning abortion!

You got it right with 'not much of a choice'. Both issues, the origin of covid and abortion, regardless of the extent to which they affect everyone, end up being fringe issues politically. Naturally, most people are now concerned with being able to heat their homes and put food on the table, and naturally all candidates are promising to do better than the others on both fronts, and just as naturally, after the election, regardless of who is elected, nothing will change.

I did like this from Biden: ...a $2,000 ($3090)cap on out-of-pocket medical expenses and a $35 ($54) monthly cap per prescription on insulin.
The new law also requires companies that raise prices faster than overall inflation to pay Medicare a rebate.

Sounds great, but it will never happen. Oh, it might happen for a small percentage of people, but not that masses. Corporate profits come first.

Our options are which corporate whores we like best. That's who we're voting for. Which corporate cock sucker puts on the best show for the masses before they go backstage and take it up the ass by a GOD for their payoff. I wonder how they feel at the end of the day. Probably a bit sore, but the nice linens and room service no doubt help.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread