Mid-terms (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, November 06, 2022, 18:40 (530 days ago)

Not much of a choice. Looking at it purely from the C-word angle - a Republican majority may help force through investigations into the origin of the most impactful event on humanity in my lifetime - but then the Christian-right said yeah, let's spend that political capital on banning abortion!

I did like this from Biden: ...a $2,000 ($3090)cap on out-of-pocket medical expenses and a $35 ($54) monthly cap per prescription on insulin.
The new law also requires companies that raise prices faster than overall inflation to pay Medicare a rebate.

That raising prices faster than inflation is going on like crazy. As mentioned elsewhere, Australian corporations (extrapolate/multiply that to world corporations) have made record, windfall profits due to Covid - now it's cashing in on inflation as well ... ?

The official inflation rate in Australia is around 5-6% - with warnings from the Central Bank that it may go as high as 7% (!) before it slows down. That is so far removed from reality, it's not funny. The reality is 30-40%. How much of this is real - how much is corporations addicted to the creaming-it-pipeline as they screw the poor old normal person? My guess is the latter.

In Australia there's been zero talk from either side of a windfall-tax on the killing it due-to-C-word Corporations - meanwhile normal people see their money lose value before their eyes ...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread