Langya Virus - Wang Linfa (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, August 17, 2022, 07:24 (591 days ago) @ dan

I got a kick from this quote:

"We are hugely underestimating the number of these zoonotic cases in the world, and this (Langya virus) is just the tip of the iceberg," said emerging virus expert Leo Poon, a professor at the University of Hong Kong's School of Public Health, who was not involved in the latest study.

Well of course Leo is going to say that. If you're an emerging virus 'expert', you want the world to see it as you do, one big viral soup, and if everyone believes, really believes, and fears, well, that's great for business and those huge grants! He might even get interviewed on CNN!

This is the same script EcoHealth Alliance has been reading off ever since it formed - whipping up fear of nature - a deadly virus under every rock - ready to wreak havoc across the globe. So give us more money!

It used to be all about bio-terrorism, of course, which went into the stratosphere thanks to 911/Anthrax. When it quietly came out that the Anthrax terrorist attack was actually perpetrated by top-US scientist(s) - to get more money for vaccines/fighting bioterrorism, and there were no other bio-terrorist attacks, the focus switched to fear of nature around the 2010's.

But at it's core, it's essentially the same. Same powerful scientist clique making shit up to engender fear amongst the masses - so they can get more power & money for vaccines/fighting nature. All of which they were/are hugely successful at.

It's also a funny quote because it's ambiguous. Is he emerging as an expert of viruses, or an expert of emerging viruses? I suspect both, and since he's emerging, he's super eager. I mean, he may have been in the field a long time, but he's not a household name yet like Fauci, and surely that's what he aspires to be, a household name with international fame.

Yes, that is funny. Funny how the more virus-scientists emerged, the more novel viruses emerged. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread