Bill Gates - Global Covid Security (General)

by dan, Wednesday, May 04, 2022, 19:02 (715 days ago) @ dulan drift

Bill Gates on Covid: ‘I don’t want to be a voice of doom and gloom,’ but ‘the worst’ could still be ahead

We’re still at risk of this pandemic generating a variant that would be even more transmissive and even more fatal,” the billionaire Microsoft co-founder and public health advocate told the Financial Times on Sunday. “It’s not likely, I don’t want to be a voice of doom and gloom, but it’s way above a 5% risk that this pandemic, we haven’t even seen the worst of it.

And of course he would know because he owns a computer company.

One proposal, he says, is for the World Health Organization to launch a global surveillance team, consisting of experts who can quickly spot new health threats around the world and rapidly coordinate with global governments to prevent future illnesses from growing into pandemics.

I don't know, for some reason WHO and surveillance in the same sentence gives me the creeps given their record. I mean, let's start by pointing out that as Taiwan doesn't belong, there's no W involved.

Gates, who has labeled his proposed task force the “Global Epidemic Response and Mobilization” (GERM) initiative, told the Financial Times that the idea would require significant financial investment from WHO and its member countries in order to create a global team of experts, including epidemiologists and virologists, and give them the tools they need to proactively identify and contain future outbreaks.

LOL! So Gates gets to name this new global HEALTH task force? WTF? And of course it will require significant financial investment, that means money by taxpayers, you and me. Cough it up folks!

This is so full of shit I don't know where to start.

Between the proposed GERM team and other suggestions from his upcoming book — including fighting back against misinformation and making vaccines more accessible globally — Gates has said that his goal for 2022 is “making sure that Covid-19 is the last pandemic.”

So, he wants our tax dollars to fund his stupid fucking surveillance scheme, but we have to buy his book for the details. Fuck him. This is why I started using Linux over 20 years ago.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread