China Vaccine 50.4% Effective (General)

by dan, Thursday, January 14, 2021, 15:56 (1197 days ago) @ dulan drift

Let's not forget that Covid is not dangerous for the vast majority of people. The vaccine doesn't prevent Covid, just reduces the symptoms, which are minimal for the young and healthy to begin with - so what's the difference? Why not vaccinate those who are vulnerable (and want it) and let Covid take its course amongst the rest of the population?

Good point. And I get tired of hearing experts say in the media that these vaccines prevent infection. They don't. The medically correct term is disease. They prevent disease, or symptoms, but they absolutely don't prevent infection, and the data is unclear on whether they prevent transmission of those who are vaccinated but infected. Just today I watched some smartly dressed, smug 'expert' talk about how two doses are needed to prevent infection.

I know why that won't be allowed to happen, but it seems to make sense: it's cheaper, the vaccine rollout could be targeted and done in a month or so, life could return to normal...

It also won't happen because they want to sell these vaccines. There's huge money involved. We're talking hundreds of billions of dollars in time.

And this has me worried. Let's say that in the course of Phase 3 trials, the trials that have really just gotten under way although the public is led to believe they've been completed, let's say they find a serious problem. What then? Are these companies and all the governments involved roll over and be transparent. "Whoops! Sorry everybody!" Think of the lawsuits.

Here's a bit of click bait that nonetheless leads to a disturbing story: Death of Florida doctor after receiving COVID-19 vaccine under investigation.

This will be eaten up by the anti-vaxxer crowd, which in some ways is unfortunate because they peddle in a lot of BS and yet this story looks like it really should be discussed and addressed. I'm curious to see how the experts will respond.

From the story, "Michael's wife, Heidi Neckelmann, said he sought emergency care three days after the shot because he had dots on his skin that indicated internal bleeding. "

I think the US has completed something like 7 million vaccinations so far. With those numbers, of course, there are going to be weird coincidences that one shouldn't read too much into. So, let's follow the science. What will the science say about this?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread