Is it possible? (Weather)

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, December 01, 2014, 21:02 (3434 days ago)

Until yesterday at least, it still felt like a typhoon could be possible - warm to hot and light southerly winds - and now there is something heading vaguely in our direction. Still have to be a long shot, and basically i will believe it when it happens - but worth watching.

[image]

Is it possible?

by dan, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 16:25 (3433 days ago) @ dulan drift

It's certainly looking possible that we might get some rain out of it. That would be great.

We took a walk last night and low and behold, it started sprinkling. That's the first I've been rained on in months. Our car was covered in rain splotches this morning due to all the dust in the air. It hadn't rained enough to actually wash the car. It only made it dirtier.

Is it possible?

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 13:48 (3431 days ago) @ dan

Just looked at the rainfall for today - seems like everywhere on the island got something, except for poor old kaohsiung.

Wild winds here from early this morning.

Is it possible?

by dan, Thursday, December 04, 2014, 15:50 (3431 days ago) @ dulan drift

Yep,not a drop here. It was quite windy this morning though. This is the first day I have worn long pants.

Is it possible?

by dulan drift ⌂, Friday, December 05, 2014, 22:09 (3429 days ago) @ dan

It's freezing here (relatively speaking), but no real rain. I think you did get a little bit over there today, right?

CWB has us dry for the next few days, which is unusal because (a) they almost always have their default position of rain cloud icon and 30%, and (b) there will be a typhoon passing to the south of us which does seem to have a bit of a poleward outflow. Would have thought there would be some chance of rain on Sunday-Monday at least.

[image]

RSS Feed of thread