Relief Coming! (Weather)

by dulan drift ⌂, Friday, July 11, 2014, 15:54 (3576 days ago)

Surely this should at least produce some rain here. It's still a week away but it's currently on track to head towards us, and importantly, stay south.

[image]

Relief Coming!

by dan, Friday, July 11, 2014, 18:04 (3576 days ago) @ dulan drift

Yep, just noticed this. Sort of all of the sudden a line of storms appears. The darkest hour thing going on here. It looks like there's a lot of activity behind this one.

Relief Coming!

by dan, Friday, July 11, 2014, 18:22 (3576 days ago) @ dan

Looks like Guam will take a direct hit on this one. Storms are rarely are well formed enough to cause a lot of damage on Guam, but when they are, watch out.

Relief Coming! And going,

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, July 14, 2014, 13:27 (3573 days ago) @ dan

Another false hope. Track has moved several hundred k's south from when i first posted and not much in the way of poleward outflow. Fingers crossed for a couple of showers but will be lucky to get even that. It will break eventually, i guess, and probably in a tunultuous way, but up to now this is the most crushing, brutal summer i have ever experienced. And that's really saying something.

by dan, Monday, July 14, 2014, 17:38 (3573 days ago) @ dulan drift

I don't know, there may still be hope. There is an impressive trail of storms developing along the ITCZ. This amazing heat may go hand in hand with some unusual weather.

This morning I would have agreed with you, but at this point all bets are off. No doubt Rammasun isn't going to hit us, but we may get something very early in its wake.

[image]

[image]

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, July 14, 2014, 22:23 (3572 days ago) @ dan

You were right! It's pouring rain here at the moment. Started not long after dark. Have to say i wasn't really expecting it - not this soon anyway. Also seemed to come from over the mountains which is quite rare. Whatever, i'll take it any way i can get it. Probably close to 20mm already.

Relief Coming!

by dulan drift ⌂, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 20:14 (3571 days ago) @ dulan drift

Ended up getting 32 mm last night so it was a nice fall. Looks to be some moisture coming through with the tail so we should get some more.

Weirdly, CWB has a heavy rain warning for the west coast, though they are simultaneously rating the west coast at 0-10% pop. Guess they are trying to cover all bases.

Relief Coming!

by dan, Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 17:40 (3571 days ago) @ dulan drift

I'll be very surprised if we don't get something more out of all this.

[image]

Relief Coming!

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 23:22 (3570 days ago) @ dan

Yeah, it's interesting how those two big blobs are chugging along behind the actual typhoon. The northern one does seem to be coming directly our way, while feed-off from the actual one is also creeping closer. Nit of lightning around tonight and classic, amazing pre-typhoon skies today.

Relief Coming!

by dan, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 15:29 (3565 days ago) @ dulan drift

Here it comes.

[image]

Relief Coming!

by dan, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 16:49 (3563 days ago) @ dan

Images

[image]
[image]

RSS Feed of thread