Strong Front (Weather)

by dulan drift ⌂, Saturday, March 29, 2014, 19:53 (3675 days ago)

This is moving across north taiwan at the moment and looks like it's packing some punch. Rain probably won't make it here but wind should turn around to ne soon after a strong southerly all day.

Lots of frontal activity expected to affect taiwan in coming few days so should be interesting.

[image]

Strong Front

by dan, Sunday, March 30, 2014, 21:50 (3674 days ago) @ dulan drift

Yep, it's going to be a wild week. The last few days have been great. We've had this weird spring (if the east coast has a spring) weather. I love it. Friday almost felt like plum rains, but it wasn't . Weather in Zhiben was markedly different from that north of Fugang. Classic island weather.

[image]

Strong Front

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, March 31, 2014, 00:27 (3673 days ago) @ dan

Here comes the next one - looks large. And almost exactly the same size and shape as taiwan!

[image]

Strong Front

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, March 31, 2014, 15:48 (3673 days ago) @ dulan drift

That last band passed through in the middle of the night and brought us 10 mm (much bigger falls on other side of the mountains) and now it seems another front has formed (or the same one reloaded). They seem to travel pretty quickly so expect it will affect us just after nightfall.

[image]

Strong Front

by dan, Wednesday, April 09, 2014, 13:48 (3664 days ago) @ dulan drift

I'm wondering if that is the last front we'll have this season, but I've been saying that for what seems like months now.

RSS Feed of thread