DBJF - March Edition (Weather)

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, March 09, 2014, 09:27 (3673 days ago)

Typically the dbjf kicks off in Septempber, cranks up fully in Oct-Nov, dies off during Dec-Feb, then revs up again in March for its farewell show. Yesterday we had a pretty decent southerly before a cool change to the ne in the late afternoon. Interestingly, the frogs fired up last night despite no rain for a week and i suspect that's a sign of rain coming, Big ne today but no real rain here yet. However, i can see it's raining out to sea and it's already rained just about everywhere else in Taidong except here.
CWB has their bog standard of 30% but at the same time they've issued a heavy rain warning for Taidong - go figure.
Another big front due to cross the island on the coming Wed-Thurs.

[image]

DBJF - March Edition

by dan, Sunday, March 09, 2014, 15:29 (3672 days ago) @ dulan drift

We did get some rain last night at our Dulan hut. I wish I had had a garden going the last few weeks as it wouldn't have needed much in the way of watering. How is your doing?

DBJF - March Edition

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, March 09, 2014, 16:05 (3672 days ago) @ dan

Great! Haven't had to water for over a month. Come up and check it out some time!

I see Cheng Gong has had about 80 mil today but apart from a very light sprinkle early this morning there still hasn't been anything here - windy though.

DBJF - March Edition

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 12:04 (3670 days ago) @ dulan drift

Be interesting to see how the weather plays out next few days. Big front coming through tonight (tomorrow for Taidong) and then what looks like typhoon forming east of ppe.

Currently got a light southerly - that will swing around to ne i assume as front approaches and could blow pretty hard as well.

DBJF - March Edition

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 21:53 (3669 days ago) @ dulan drift

Here it comes! Apparently it's going hammer and tongs in the north. Hope it makes it down this way. CWB has us at their usual 30% but i don't think they've checked their own radar.

Wind is swirling around now and hard to say where it's coming from, like a battle of the gusts. That, after a humid day and a decent building southerly. Certainly feels like something's about to happen.

[image]

DBJF - March Edition

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, March 13, 2014, 23:20 (3668 days ago) @ dulan drift

Rain nearly everywhere except here - just a very light drizzle, but big dbjf. Interesting to see the rain graph and the straight line cut off point for rain in the south west. Also, does that look like a man with just one leg and no arms standing up with his head around Chang Bing? [image]

DBJF - March Edition

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, March 20, 2014, 21:24 (3661 days ago) @ dulan drift

This is a kick ass dbjf right here. A front coming down from the north west and bringing a major blow out with it. Going strong into the night as well.

[image]

RSS Feed of thread